Saturday, October 25, 2008

So, I don't know much about baseball

My predictions for the World Series were proved terribly wrong in Thursday's game. I had tagged Brett Myers and Ryan Howard as the keys to the series. Well, Myers turned in decent start with 4 runs (3 earned) in 7 innings, and Howard did as well going 2-5 with a double and a walk. And the Phillies lost.

There isn't really a big secret with the Phils. What were they over the first two games, 1-22 with runners in scoring position? You're not going to win a series like that. The promising thing is that they had 22 runners in scoring position. We just aren't coming up with the clutch hits. Also, we look terrible in the DH spot. It says something when neither Coste nor Dobbs can come up with anything and Bruntlett has to hit it out of the park. I suddenly regret giving Utley the MVP for the NLCS... I'm missing Victorino and his 6 rbis and have a great appreciation for that over Utley's stat-sheet filling production.

Once again, nothing too insightful, I'm no sports writer. Hopefully, the guys can get it together at Citizen's Bank. As one of them said, it's like a 5 game series with homefield advantage. I like that thinking. However, I am scared shitless of Moyer tonight. We shall see, go Phillies, and thank you for reading.

No comments: